Photoshop World 2007: Guru's Gone Wild!

101_5124Photoshop World 2007
Hyne's Convention Center
Boston, Ma. April 4-7th.
www.photoshopworld.com

Wow, what an intense bunch of goodness! I was incredibly pumped when I logged into my iStockphoto account last week and noticed a posting from Jokia for 5 FREE passes to Photoshop World 2007. I quickly fed my account with some points so I could send an iStockphoto email, just to give it the "Collegiate try" and see if I could get my greasy hands on a pass... I sent the email and went on to grab a few images for the mockup I was working on and didn't think much more of it.

101_5081101_5082A short time later I saw an email drop into my iStockphoto inbox -- it was Jokia and she had one pass left if I wanted it -- I replied with a resounding YES INDEED! Jokia is amazing, and I swung by their booth to meet her and thank her in person during the Tech Expo. She even had a t-shirt for me, and iStockphoto has earned a customer for life!

iStock Rocks
I give iStockphoto two thumbs-up and highly recommend their service over the competition. 101_5069 The user experience is the best I've encountered for even more expensive services (no need to list 'em here). They have a lot of really well done features that make sorting through thousands of stock photo, illustrations, composite images, icon sets, and even video clips really effortless and fast. I could go on, but you really should give it a whirl and see for yourself...


This is an example of 'being in it to win it', and I'm glad I try to stay on top of all the new services, cool offerings, and web sites popping-up out there on a regular basis. This time, I was in the right place at the right time...

ptamaroMiscStuffApril'07I took as many photos of the event as I could, and I have to say I've been overwhelmed by just how much stuff was covered. I registered quickly and started delving-in to as many classes as possible. My brain was like an over saturated sponge in just a short time, and I could feel the weight of the tome they doled-out to each attendee filled with tutorials and notes of all of the Conference presentations.

101_5062Weighing-in at over 2 lbs. and comprised of more than 765 pages, it's big! The only unfortunate thing is that the book is printed in B&W... go figure. It's literally a cornucopia of goodies, tips, tricks and techniques. Jam-packed full of yummy photoshop, illustration, and digital photography inspiration with gurus galore.

Here are some photos from Wednesday...

101_5060101_5057101_5047101_5094101_5090101_5084101_5083101_5082101_5080101_5079101_5078101_5076101_5075101_5073101_5072101_5061101_5052101_5148101_5125101_5123


    And here's most of my day...
  • Morning sessions
    Things got whipped-up into a frenzy quickly with Jack Davis, Wow! Then I Dave Cross add Finishing Touches

  • Tech Expo
    Crowd shots, and booths. Feeling a little like the old days, but different just the same

  • Lunch time
    I had lunch at the Pour House, and watched part of the Manchester United game

  • Afternoon
    I was able to catch a Bert session on "Illustrator & Photoshop" after watching him make magic for just under an hour.
    Bert Monroy is God!
    "And on the eighth day, Bert made the universe as we now experience it today."
    - Book of Palm, Genesis; 36:34:36

  • Wrap up
    Feeling a bit rushed, and after , and then a good chunk of "Visual Effects" with Corey barker

If you're able to get to Photoshop World, you'll enjoy it for sure. Here's some stuff I was inspired to churn out in my Flickr, and I'm hoping to do more soon. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment